Thursday, October 11, 2007

I Found IT !

Over at YAHOO 360 the definition of "meme" mentioned by Editor in his post of October 10th in trying to get Phillip,Moose and Dana to carry on additional topics for the reason why they write. Meme's the Word What is a meme? From the dictionary: meme (mēm), noun: A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. In the world of blogging, a meme is any idea that is spread from one person to another. It can be anything from a funny news story to a game of some sort to a what-type-of-kitchen-appliance-are-you? quiz. If you got the idea from someone else and you’re spreading the idea to other people, you’re contributing to a meme. Blog Tag: There are a million versions of this one too – basically write about something, and then tag someone else. Of course, with a game like this you don’t necessarily have to wait to be tagged – just go ahead and start a tag blog! (Thanks to Yahoo 360 for their definitons) How fun is this?!? I want to "meme" Jody over at http://www.thehunterswife.net/. Please don't be to upset ; ) In essence I think we already do a lot of this. Find topics of conversation we would like to continue and develope to say in a different fashion...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A meme has to do with more than just the blogging world. I think bloggers just took over the term. Basically, a meme is just a way to create a topic on which to post. Anyone who writes a blog consistently knows there are days when having a preplanned post topic can be a lifesaver.

CDGardens said...

Kristine - Thanks for your response. It is fun to see how people can build on someone elses topics, take off in another direction. I myself have a list of things I could write about...if I can just find where I put it.(poking good natured fun at self ;) ) Always nice to see you around. Like reading your material.

Anonymous said...

I definitely think all of us bloggers do plenty of "meming". That is a good thing. I didn't even know what it was called until now though to be honest!

CDGardens said...

Arthur - Yes, I have seen alot of building blog content from comments made
somewhere else. It is a good way of getting your audience to go read the original and make a connection with the writer of the other blog for yourself. I always have a way of stating the obvious;) Keep up your writing.

Editor said...

so, I am glad we have all that sorted out. Now, how about that post on your blog evolution? I want to know what got you to blog and how your blog has changed since you started.