16. And the soldiers led him away into the hall, called Praetorium: and they call together the whole band.
17. And they clothed him with purple, and platted a crown of thorns, and put it about his head.
18. And began to salute him, Hail, King of the Jews!
19. And they smote him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon him, and bowing their knees worshiped him.
20. And when they had mocked him, they took off the purple from him, and put his own clothes on him, and led him out to crucify him.
21. And they compel one Simon a Cyrenian,who passed by, coming out of the country, the father of Alexander Rufus, to bear his cross...
Mark 15: 25-26, 33-39
25. And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.
26. And the subscription of his accusations was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS.
33. And when the sixth hour was come, there was a darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.
34. And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice,saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
35. And some of them stood by, when they heard it, said, Behold, he calleth Elias.
36. And one ran and filled a sponge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down.
37. And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
38. And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.
39. And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.
In remebrance of my Christian heritage I want to share with you the events of the Lord's death, burial and Resurrection....
To be continued...