Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spike Buck still Carrying

My trail camera has been out watching for events such as you see in the picture to your left . This individual has yet to shed his little spikes from last season. The picture came off the camera on March 22nd. His first digital capture.

 I have wanted to keep an eye on antler growth of our Whitetail Buck population passing through daily.

Some of the bucks still show recent effects of rubbing their antlers off; others are on their way to new velvet development.






This picture came off the camera this morning. The young buck still seems to have no indications he might be losing his little spikes anytime soon.

We will just have to keep an eye out and see if we can catch him later sporting a new look.







This is one of my favorite trail camera pictures I have gotten this Spring.

I'm going to head off topic here -

Adding a bit of art has made it appear like a print I would like to put in a frame at a future time.

Hubby and I were given a Kodak EasyShare P730 digital frame for Christmas. We got it out of the box recently and plugged in a memory card. Easier and more economical than printing ALL my pictures off.

Oh my! Did the creative ideas begin to form then. I can keep the deer walking around the house all day.They'll never get off the trail again...

Have a great day!

Disclaimer: I am not in anyway affiliated with the Kodak company and will not receive any monetary funds for mentioning their product in my post.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to see what you have wandering around on your new Trail Camera. Keep up the good work. Look forward to more of your pictures of wildlife.

CDGardens said...

Mel - Thank you! I am happy to share what I catch wandering around.

Marian Ann Love said...

That is great that you have a trail cam now...more to blog about. Love it Dianna. I know you will enjoy it! Thanks for sharing with us. :)

CDGardens said...

Marian Love Phillips- Thanks! Yes, I am most certainly enjoying my trail camera. I have seen some interesting activities in the last couple weeks I have had it out this season. I hope there will be some pictures that will really cause a stir some day. ;)