Saturday, June 13, 2009

Swallow Condos

Last week, Hubby, and a friend, took a spur of the moment trip to Montezuma,Kansas, south of Dodge City on highway 56,off I-70 west of Salina. They went to checkout an Ercoupe airplane for his friend. On the trip they found some swallows making up large commununities under the overpasses. Hubby took a short movie for me to share of the bird antics. When I heard Hubby was going to Kansas it made me think right away of a blogger in our OutDoor Bloggers Summit membership roll. A young Kansas woman sweet on the outdoors, who shares that love with all of us over at the Deer Passion blog. If you have a moment, stop over and say "Hi" to Deer Passion. Let her know CDGardens from Timber Life sent you. ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that was a lot of swallows. I would imagine they felt safe nesting there.

CDGardens said...

Rick Kratzke - Yes,the location probably provides what they need...
a sight to behold by those traveling the interstate.

SimplyOutdoors said...

Wow. That is incredible, I'm sure it makes for one heck of a ride when you're driving through there.

CDGardens said...

Simply Outdoors - The birds certainly create a point of interest. I wonder how many birds are in each community??? ;)

Marian Ann Love said...

Looking at that video reminded me of the time I was walking in the National Military Park on the south loop and you have to walk under a bridge to get to the other side and birds were flying everywhere protecting their nests. I had one to attack me...It was the most horrible feeling I have ever had outside of watching Alfred Hitchcocks, "The Birds" when I was 7 month PG and then at Universal Studios in FL watching it again in 3-D. They scare me to death...but I love them anyway! Just don't like being attacked!! :)

CDGardens said...

Marian Love Phillips - I remember seeing "The Birds" for the first time when I was 11 yrs. old.

I don't like swooping birds either. Red-winged blackbirds like to defend their territories sometimes. When I mow the birds swoop close by because the mower chases the bugs out of the grass.